Re: [BKARTS] paper shops in Portland, Maine/Southern New Hampshire?

At 10:51 AM 2/10/2003 -0500, you wrote:
Hi all,

Does anyone know of any interesting shops that sell interesting/unusual
paper in the Portland, Maine or Southern New Hampshire area?

I will be doing some travelling this weekend in the area.

Many thanks,
sheri

-------------
sheri cifaldi

[re]new
design

When I'm printing in Maine, I usually pay a visit to a store called
"Artisan and Craftsman" (or something along those lines). It's a general
art supply store in Portland, but they devote a large area to paper. Be
sure to stop at the bakery next door, too. Another great source was Zygot,
a book arts cafe on Pleasant Street. The place had changed names last time
I was there and the book arts part of the cafe was gone, I think, but the
owner, a bookbinder by the name of Scott-something... Mullens, perhaps?...
may still be in town and maybe still deals in paper sales? He had some
really great papers. It may be worthwhile trying to find him.

John Cutrone, of the often itinerant
Red Wagon Bookworks
Lake Worth, Florida
http://www.redwagonbookworks.com