Re: [BKARTS] rebinding musical scores

Bob,

If is Smythe-sewn and you wish it remain that way. I would recommend a light
weight backing that will allow it to remain flexible. I would use no paper
whatever in backing this book but instead use cambric in its place. Paper
isn't nearly as flexible as cloth. I would also make a semi-flexible cover
with a cloth spine lining. Once again for flexibility.

If the Smythe -sewing is not important, you might opt for guard sewing which
will allow the book to lie perfectly flat of nearly so.

Regards,

Ed Stansell
<A HREF="http://www.bookrestoration.net";>http://www.bookrestoration.net</A>