Re: [BKARTS] Books left...--Mold

In a message dated 2/11/03 9:23:19, CraftBook@AOL.COM writes:

<< After dusting off the bloom with a make-up brush,....  >>
pressure..>>>

Ed,
Sorry to step on your toes:  I DO NOT think it is a good idea to
suggest/recommend brushing mold spores, "bloom" from paper. The spores will
simply float around and get into other areas of the book, or elsewhere, not
to mention, that you can inhale them. Vacuum aspirators have been very
successful in removing mold spores from paper.
I would also caution the use of alcohol and then pressing the paper. Long
term exposure to alcohol can, and has, caused bleeding of some inks, or other
problems.

Bill Minter
814-793-4020