Re: [BKARTS] Books left...--Mold

Bill,

I agree about the fugitve nature of mold spores. They should be brushed off
under a fume hood or some other system vented to the outdoors. However
brushing is removes more of the bloom than vacuuming, because vacuums that
are gentle enough to be used on book pages are nearly ineffectual in removing
the bloom of mildew and other molds.

As for the bleeding of inks; did I not say that I tested the ink to determine
if it would or would not bleed.  I have not seen printing inks from the 19th
century that were adversely affected by contact by ethanol.

Best regards,

Ed Stansell