Re: [BKARTS] Books left in the cold-covers or pages warping?

Hi Ed:

Don't you just hate it when you also give some information out, then someone
goes and gives credit to another person but not you? I had indeed read your
earlier post, then personally concluded that Anna's problem was not the same
as yours, and I was commenting directly about Anna's problem. But I may have
been mistaken?

I assumed that Anna had left her books as received from the bindery, which
probably meant that they were lying in a nice flat position. According to
her message below, it was the inside pages that had warped. Warping of
inside pages is generally waviness. The pages of books are thin and don't
really take a set as far as one large curvature? Am I right? Anna didn't say
whether the warping had occurred in the boxes or after taking them out. Ed,
your use of the word distorted lead me to believe that maybe your books have
been left in a position that caused the whole book structure to tilt or
curve, or that the climate or moisture had warped the cover or spine
structure.

I would be very interested in getting the real picture of what is happening
in both situations. What did the warp of Anna's books look like? Where the
covers distorted as well? What was the distortion of your books like, Ed.
Both situations are of interest to me and probably many others, but the
cause may have been different.

Ben Wiens...applied energy scientist
Ben Wiens Energy Science Inc.
E-mail: ben@benwiens.com
Energy Website: http://www.benwiens.com
Read my popular web-booklet "Energy Science Made Simple"