[BKARTS] Moving Type and Titling Questions

Hi. Two questions:

1. I will be moving some cases of type. In two slanted Ludlow cases I've mixed faces and sizes in trays, storing the letters face up for easy identification and pulling. Especially with the smaller sizes (8-12pt.) they easily fall over into the usual jumbled typecase mess. Any clever ideas on what I could stuff into the tray compartments to hold the letters up while moving them?

2. I'm ready to title a slender 1709 book rebound on five cords, full calf, with traditional blind tooling. My smallest type in an appropriate face is 8pt, resulting in every word needing hyphenation. Have any of you seen English books from that period titled vertically?

Bob