[BKARTS] Pellon quest complete, but what is Reemay?

To Henrietta on the cold and snowy and windy coast of Maine:

[3) And now pardon my ignorance, but what are you using pellon for in
book-binding? I use it in papermaking between the fresh sheets, what are you
doing?]

Although my appreciation for those on this list who are conservators is
vast, my personal interest in bookmaking is from the artist book side of the
table. I have painted, printed with an etching press, couched paper with
pigment thus staining Pellon and have always found the material strong,
translucent and sometimes quite beautiful as a secondary outcome. Currently,
I am working on a project where I need a very strong "paper" to use as a
container and think Pellon will do the trick. But I need to place words on
it. Thus the quest.

And to Peter V. who came up with Hollytex, the missing word in my mental
file cabinet, I will now get a better nights sleep. Much thanks. It is
exactly the name I had heard before and "misplaced."

[Be careful!  I just tested Reemay and Tyvek with an iron: both melt. I
would not use either as a backing in a laser printer, which gets quite hot.]
I am familiar with the melting qualities of Tyvek, but am unfamiliar with
Reemay. Is it a product like Tyvek with a different trade name? Or does it
have different properties...

This weekend, I will try the Pellon or Hollytex on freezer paper (who knew)
and hope to have a printer, as well as the printed, at the end of the
venture. Again, my thanks for all the guidance.

A.