[BKARTS] *Slightly* tangential question

Perhaps this question is better addressed to a poetry list, but I'm already on this list, so this is, I hope, the path of least resistance:

I want to make a reasonably interactive and/or pop-up book for my adorable 12-month-old godson. I would like to base it around a poem (yes, even a boy of his apparent genius is too young to read, but why not start him off right?). Ideally, the poem would be: not *too* long, full of interesting visual imagery for me to build around, and the sort of thing you would like a growing boy to hear (i.e., he's probably a bit young for Larkin, say, or Bukowski). His parents are bookish folk, so if it were literary, I'd score brownie points.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Matthew