-----Original Message-----
From: Matthew Garelick
Sent: Monday, February 24, 2003 3:23 PM

Perhaps this question is better addressed to a poetry list, but I'm
already on this list, so this is, I hope, the path of least resistance:

I want to make a reasonably interactive and/or pop-up book for my
adorable 12-month-old godson. I would like to base it around a poem
(yes, even a boy of his apparent genius is too young to read, but why
not start him off right?). Ideally, the poem would be: not *too* long,
full of interesting visual imagery for me to build around, and the sort
of thing you would like a growing boy to hear (i.e., he's probably a bit
young for Larkin, say, or Bukowski). His parents are bookish folk, so if
it were literary, I'd score brownie points.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Matthew