[BKARTS] New Mystical Places Press books for 2003

 I would like to introduce the first two Mystical Places Press Books of 2003.
I invite you to visit http://www.mysticalplaces.com, which has been newly
updated after much delay.

Yellowstone Autumn
    Last October while on a major sales trip in the East and Midwest, I
stopped off at Yellowstone National Park to photograph images for the
Yellowstone book series, Yellowstone Autumn is the third book in this series.
Yellowstone Winter, the 1st book, sold out last year. I have a few left of
Yellowstone Spring, the 2nd book in the series. This series explores our
nations most dramatic and unique park through its wondrous seasonal changes.
    With the same format as the Yellowstone Spring and Yellowstone Winter,
Yellowstone Autumn has little surprise images on the back and the front
images stand out from the text, it can be opened book-like or in accordion
fashion. Made from double strips of paper, the background paper has a quote
by John Muir, and the foreground sheet has brilliant images of Yellowstone
National Park in the Autumn. Comes with a ribbon tie with a wooden leaf
charm.

Meadow Rock
    Because I was a printmaker before I caught the artist book passion, I
have a number of prints in storage under my bed. One I have one framed in my
bathroom titled “Meadow Rock”. One day I decided to make a book out of it. I
thought a flag book would be intriguing way to showcase the print. Due the
limited run of the original serigraph prints this is a small edition of 25. I
suggest the optional duo-tone matching clamshell case for a unique
presentation of a typically 2 dimensional media.
    The meadow rock image is a hand pulled serigraph printed in 8 colors on
archival printmaking paper by Jill Timm. Meadow Rocks unusual “flag” book
structure, was invented by well known book designer, Hedi Kyle.

    Thanks to my collectors, last year was a very successful year for
Mystical Places Press. Many editions were sold out. Many more libraries and
collectors across the U.S. have added these books to their collections.
    Thank you for your interest, I appreciate your support.

Jill
Jill Timm
Mystical Places Press
Handcrafted artist books,