[BKARTS] Canadian Bookbinding Courses 2003

Please find listed below the Canadian Bookbinders and Book Artists Guild
programme for Spring and Fall includesWorkshops which still have room in
them:

Spring 2003

Restoration and Repair - Betsy Palmer Eldridge - March 17 - 22
Care of Collections - Betsy Palmer Eldridge - April 22 - 25
Book Maintenance and Repair - Betsy Palmer Eldridge - April 26 & 27
Bookbinding I Intensive - Dan Mezza - May 5 - 9
Paper Treatments for Binders - Betsy Palmer Eldridge - May 27 - 31
Strut Your Stuff - Louise Granahan - April 5
Rough and Tough - Louise Granahan - May 3
Transparency & Translucency - Mira Coviensky - April 12
Laced Paper Case - Reg Beatty - May 24
Emily Martin - June 13

Please consult the CBBAG website for workshop descriptions and prices&
locations:   www.cbbag.ca

FALL 2003

Book Event '03 - September 18 - 22, 2003 opening of 3 exhibitions -
Art of the Book '03, Quebec Artists Books from the collection of the
Bibliotheque National de Quebec, Perspectives on the Book; Book Arts
Fair;

Gathering consisting of workshops:
Sigrid Blohm - Indigo Dyeing Paper using Shibori Techniques
Hedi Kyle - Rediscovering the Scroll

Demonstrations:
Tanya Norman - Washi: A Sensory Experience
Brian Queen - Watermarks, a Papermaker's Primer
Martha Cole - Colour Theory and Practical Tips on Colouring Paper &
Cloth
Don Etherington - The Use of Japaneses Paper in Book Conservation
Monique Lallier - Slipcse and Chemise

For details of the fall gathering, and programme meetings, to get on the

waiting list for workshops which are filled, find a list of fall
workshops (after May 1) check the website www.cbbag.ca

Home-Study Programme
The home-study programme for Bookbinding I and Bookbinding I is
available all year round.

For more information please contact:

Shelagh Smith at: bembo@sympatico.ca