[BKARTS] Summer workshops

Julie - I may have just the thing for you! In connection with a one-woman
show of my books, prints and paintings at the Riverfront Art Center in
Stevens Point, Wisconsin, I will be teaching a book arts class September
20-21. The content will be similar to my instruction books which people  on
the Book Arts List have been buying (Unbinding the Book: The Boundless
Concertina, and More Concertina Madness). I can't promise we'll make all the
structures contained in my books (it's only two days, after all), but we will
make at least ten.

I will also be teaching at Peninsula Art School, Door County, Wisconsin,
August 11-15. The first class (Aug. 11-12) is called "Creating Pattern" and
is essentially a painting methods class, though much of it is applicable to
painted books and I use these techniques in my own books. Aug. 13-15 is
"Exposed Stitch Bindings," which may sound more traditional than you are
interested in, but still includes two structures where we paint the paper and
manipulate it to create unique images.

June 28-29 I will teach "Vade Mecum: The Constant Companion," at Minnesota
Center for Book Arts in Minneapolis. Though there is only one structure in
this weekend class, it's a doozy, with lots of possibility for personal
expression.

If you think you would be interested in any of these, and/or want more
details, let me know and I will tell you who to contact to sign up.

Barbara Harman