finding a way to bind loose materials into a book form will also find this
structure appealing.

Participants will go home with two finished models. The workshop will also
include a variety of paper decorating and imaging techniques, structure
variations and cloth mounting for spines.

All levels are welcome, though experience in any craft that requires
precision will be useful.

DATES
Monday, September 8 - Friday, September 12, 2003
9:00 am - 4:00 pm each day

Arrive Sunday, September 7 for a buffet supper and show and tell.

LOCATION
The Churchyard Inn Bed and Breakfast in Uniontown, Washington

We will be taking over The Churchyard Inn, a beautifully restored bed and
breakfast in the heart of the Northwest's wheat country, in Uniontown,
Washington. Uniontown is located about 90 miles south of Spokane, Washington
and 16 miles north of Lewiston, Idaho (and 15 miles from both Pullman,
Washington -- Washington State University and Moscow Idaho -- University of
Idaho).

Participants will stay at the Inn and have 24-hour-a-day (if you want!) work
space in the large social hall where classes will be held every day. Lodging
includes a full breakfast each morning and Kathy Stilwell, the proprietor and

fabulous cook, will prepare our lunches on 3 of the days, as well as 3
wonderful dinners during the 5-day session.

Uniontown is a tiny, old Western farm town, but for lunches and nights out on

the other days, there is Eleanor's, known around the region for its good
food, including great burgers. The town has also recently restored one of its

historical buildings to house the Sage Baking Company, a most excellent
artisan bakery and coffee house.

LIMITED ENROLLMENT
We will be limited to 10 participants. The Inn has 7 guest rooms with a total

of 11 beds, so some room sharing may be required if we have full enrollment.
There is another small bed and breakfast in Uniontown and hotels in Lewiston,

Pullman and Moscow if we need them, but we hope everyone can and will stay at

the Inn.

COSTS
Lodging at the Inn ranges from about $162 total for all 5 nights (Sunday -
Thursday) and breakfasts if you share the Sunset room that has 2 twin beds,
up to $775 total if you stay by yourself in the 1200 square foot Palouse
Suite that has a king bed in a separate room, 2 queen sofa beds, dining area
and kitchen. The average 5-night cost is about $375 - 425. (These numbers do
not
include sales tax.) Details will be sent upon request.

Additional meals at the inn are a total of $125, including 3 lunches (Monday,

Wednesday, Friday) 3 evening meals (Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday) and snacks and

drinks for the week, and includes gratuity and sales tax.

The workshop fee is $500 and includes all materials other than your personal
tools and favorite art-making materials.

Transportation is additional. Spokane is served by most major airlines.
Lewiston and Pullman/Moscow also have regional airports with more limited
service. We are checking into airport shuttle services, but rental cars are
readily available.

DEADLINE FOR RESERVATIONS
To hold a space for you, we will need your reservation with a $50
nonrefundable deposit by May 8, 2003. We will hold a space with a phone call
or email about your intent to send a deposit, but a reservation can't be
guaranteed until we receive the deposit.

QUESTIONS/MORE INFORMATION
If you would like more information, please call me at 509.397.3573 between 9
and 5 Pacific time, or email me at axt1221@aol.com and I will email you an
Acrobat PDF document that you can download with all the details.

Please forward this information to anyone you know who might be interested.

I look forward to seeing you "On the Palouse" this September!

Tim Ely