[BKARTS] Warped Book

I have just received a hard covered book that is is bowed when viewing along
the short edge of the book but otherwise is in mint condition - oddly, to me
anyway, the front cover board does not show any bowing. The book is
approximately 11x9x2.5 and the bow is about 1/16 inch in the middle. I put it
in an old screw down type book press for two days, to no good.
Any suggestions?
Thanks,
rj