[BKARTS] Preservation Issues

Hello all-
I've lurked on this site for a while and really appreciate all the info I come away with everyday!

I am an MLIS student at San Jose State U and am studying the preservation issues associated with artists books.  I have tried, unsuccessfully to locate any material on the preservation of these books-- does anyone have any ideas for me?  Other than the 3 or 4 books about artists books, there isn't much out there...

If there are librarians out there with artists books in your collections (I'm assuming they are all in special collections): do you have special standards or concerns for the preservation of artists books?  Are there people in your libraries that are specially trained to conserve art, rather then "standard" books?  Are you in museum libraries that have special conservation departments for the art, so that is where the books go when they are in need of care?

To the artists out there: do you consider the long term survival of your work when creating it.  Ie. do you use acid free paper or consider how metals might react with each other?  Do you see your art in a fine arts museum or in a library for patrons?

Thank you in advance,
Tiah Edmunson MortonGet more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com