[BKARTS] Los Angeles Book Arts Center

Greetings Fellow Book Lovers:

The Los Angeles Book Arts Center is requesting your help. Some board members
from the Bakersfield Museum of Art saw our opening show at the Christine
Willis Gallery and were so impressed they immediately decided they would like
to present a book arts show at their museum and asked us to help them collect
submissions.  We are very honored to help them do this and are thrilled that
museums and galleries are taking an interest in book art.

We need your help to make this a reality.  We are currently accepting
submissions of photos of book art for this show.  We need a varied selection
of book art to present so that the museum can present a wide range of book
art to their community.  Your submissions greatly help to promote book art.
We need the participation of book artists like yourself to help get the word
out about this beautiful and unique art form.  The more shows we can get
together and present to the public the better life becomes for all book
artists and the public who will get to share this wonderful work.  We are on
a mission to help move book art into the mainstream art world and we need the
help of all those interested in book art to do this.  Even if you have never
submitted work to a show before we are in great need of your work now and our
mission would be helped immensely by your submissions.

All you need to do is take a couple of pictures of some work that you would
be willing to part with for a few weeks in February 2004 and write a few
lines about why you create book art and send them to Susann Wilbur, Resources
Chair, Los Angeles Book Arts Center, 4816 Haskell Ave, Encino, CA 91436.

Thank you for helping us to make this show a reality.  Please feel free to
contact me with any questions or concerns.

Lisa Deutsch
President
Los Angeles Book Arts Center
8642 Gregory Way