[BKARTS] Limited edition leather binding in Chicago?

Hi,

I have a friend who is interested in limited edition leather binding.  He is part of a group writing project at Columbia College; the participants have a sum of money they want to spend towards turning their work into leather-bound books.

I have already told him he needs to talk to the good people at the Columbia College Center for Book and Paper Arts for more information.

But as he's been playing phone tag with them, and now I'm curious, I thought I would pose these questions to the list.  Are there binders in the Chicago area who do limited edition leather bindings?  What is the general process of turning a manuscript on disk into a finished leather binding?  What are the costs involved in printing and binding a limited edition?

Thanks,
Diane Westerfield
dwester@luc.edu