[BKARTS] 9th Wexford Artistsı Book Exhibition, Cornmarket, Wexford, Ireland.

March 2003

Dear Artistsı Bookmaker,

Greetings and welcome back to our international brethern following our Irish only exhibition in 2002.

We are writing to invite you to participate in the 9th Wexford Artistsı Book Exhibition (International). The exhibition will take place at Wexford Arts Centre in September / October 2003 possibly followed by a short, two venue tour.

The 9th Wexford Artistsı Book Exhibition (International) will be a superb snapshot of current contemporary international artistsı bookmaking. We expect participation from 30 countries and will exhibit at least 280 artistsı books. This exhibition is the artistsı book highlight in the Irish visual arts calendar.

All artistsı bookmakers who participate are guaranteed to have their submissions accepted and exhibited in the Wexford exhibition. In return we ask that all the books can be handled by the public; this helps to ensure that our exhibition remains extremely user friendly which is greatly appreciated by all the visitors to the exhibition. (In last yearıs exhibition the total sales were in excess of E4,000 so itıs proving to be quite artist friendly as well!)

This year each artist may submit one book (unless the works are in a series and then it will be by special arrangement) - we have to adopt this new limit for two reasons - 1. The scale of the exhibition is such that our gallery is beginning to burst at the seams and we wish to give each book the best exposure; 2. Cut backs in Arts Council funding have impacted on our service. We are putting a 1kg weight limit on any parcel submitted - if you wish to submit a parcel heavier than this we have to ask you to supply return postage for your book.

We will be producing a beautiful poster for the exhibition as well as an E-catalogue which will be available on our website and on CD. We will send you copies of this and other documentation when we are returning your books so that you have a record of your participation in the exhibition.

Your thoughts, words and images are really important to us as these form the basic material for all our promotion material so we invite you to submit up to 60 words and / or 6 images (postcard sized images or jpegs - no slides please as we will not be returning any of this material) that express your current thinking on artistsı books. Please submit this material with your confirmation to exhibit.

We would like you to confirm that you will be participating in the 9th Wexford Artistsı Book Exhibition (International) by letter or by email by 31st May 2003. At that point we will send you further details about the exhibition including the dates for the opening, date by which your books have to arrive etc.

If at all possible we ask that you communicate with us by email as this is the most efficient, eco-friendly and cost effective way to communicate.

The final thing we ask you to do is to spread the word of the exhibition to other artistsı bookmakers that you know who you feel would be a valuable addition to our exhibition.

Looking forward to getting your confirmation and to seeing your words and images.

Best wishes,

Denis Collins,Andi McGarry,
Wexford Arts CentreSun, Moon & Stars Press

Wexford Artistsı Book Exhibition,
Wexford Arts Centre, Cornmarket, Wexford, Ireland.
Email: wexfordartscentre@eircom.net
Telephone: 00 353 53 23764