[BKARTS]

At the newspaper we like things scanned and saved at 200 dpi. We print from
a 85 line screen; The standard for screen lines to dpi is 2 times the screen
line. Thus, 2 X 85 equals 170 dpi. If we save at 200dpi this gives us a
little room to make the image bigger.

Magazines use 133 lip's (lines per inch) screens so 2X133 equals 266dpi. Art
magazines art 175lpi or 350dpi. But the best thing is to ask them what dpi
and size they want.

Hope this helps

Scott English
Creative Services