[BKARTS] UNSUBSCRIBE Re: BOOK_ARTS-L Digest - 8 Apr 2003 to 9 Apr 2003 (#2003-99)

UNSUBSCRIBE

Automatic digest processor wrote:

BOOK_ARTS-L Digest - 8 Apr 2003 to 9 Apr 2003 (#2003-99)

Automatic digest processor <LISTSERV@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>

Thu, 10 Apr 2003 00:00:39 -0400

Recipients of BOOK_ARTS-L digests <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>

Topics of the day:

 1. PCBA Book Arts & Printers' Fair in SF Sat 12 April
 2. Nena Richardson again
 3. Summer intern?
 4. Reemay Update
 5. International Call To Creative Action.
 6. <No subject given>
 7. Picture size

PCBA Book Arts & Printers' Fair in SF Sat 12 April

Katy German <katygerman@YAHOO.COM>

Tue, 8 Apr 2003 22:13:29 -0700

Hello all,

It seems this is a busy weekend for the book arts! If
you will be in the San Francisco Bay Area this
upcoming Saturday, please drop by the Printers' Fair
at Ft. Mason. Admission is free. For more information
and directions, please point your browser to
http://pcbaonline.net.

Saturday April 12th 9 am - 4 pm: 29th Annual PCBA Book
Arts and Printers' Fair. Fort Mason, Building A.
Celebrating the art and craft of the book in all its
quirky forms, members of the PCBA will be showing
their work for sale at Fort Mason, including book
artists of all genre-defying descriptions, letterpress
printers, bookbinders, calligraphers, paper artists,
marbled and handmade paper merchants, and dealers in
books about books and letterpress paraphernalia. San
Francisco Center for the Book, Hand Bookbinders of
California, and the Pacific Center for the Book Arts
will be there with information about their
organizations and classes.

See you there!
Katy German

http://tax.yahoo.com

Nena Richardson again

Barbara Harman <ArtSurvive@AOL.COM>

Wed, 9 Apr 2003 01:42:41 EDT

Nena - my email was returned to me undeliverable. Is there a problem with
your server or do you have another email address I can use to contact you?
Barbara Harman

Summer intern?

"::dani::" <danidennis@YAHOO.COM>

Wed, 9 Apr 2003 12:13:34 -0400

Hello - I'm in Baltimore and would like to intern for a book artist or a
letterpress this summer. The woman I used to work with moved her press to
Oregon and I miss mental type and composing sticks and papermaking!

Thanks,
::dani::
Also, I have a shimmery vision of something I'd like to do in the future.
I'd love to study bookbinding and haiku in Japan. Does anyone know if there
is a program like this available? How to begin to find one? Are there any
grants available for this type of thing? I'd prefer to do something more
like an internship or even an apprenticeship instead of a class.

"To not criticize your government, especially in times of war, when your
government is perpetrating violence on another people, to not be critical is
an act of treason."
Thomas Jefferson

Reemay Update

Kara Sjoblom <ksjoblom@SBCGLOBAL.NET>

Wed, 9 Apr 2003 10:09:16 -0700

Thanks to all for their Reemay suggestions. I checked
with atrim.com, which listed it for an incredible 23
cents a yard. Their supplier stopped carrying it, so
they are currently looking for a new supplier.

In my search, I came across a company that is
packaging Reemay for use in laser printers:
http://www.rippedsheets.com/laser/reemay.html It seems
to be used for about everything under the sun!

Kara

International Call To Creative Action.

graham a brown <gabrown@AXIONET.COM>

Wed, 9 Apr 2003 10:12:49 -0700

Hi I would like to bring to your attention the International Call To
Creative Action.

The theme is to explore your post 9EUR11 experience.

All the winning and finalists entries will be published September 2003, on
the 9EUR11 International Call to Creative Action, a digital storytelling
interactive DVD, to be presented to the United Nations Library, and Canadian
Parliamentary Library and the American Library of Congress.

Categories: Writer, Visual Artist, Photography, Multimedia, and a separate
family or school entry. Detailed information is on the web site or email
info@netcomediainteractive.com. Entry fee: fifteen ($15) US money order with
one (1) entry or twenty five dollars ($25) US money order for three (3)
entries.1st Prize: $250, 2nd Prize: $150, all in US currency. Winners will
receive a copy of the published DVD.

Deadline post marked May 1, 2003
c/o
netcoMedia Interactive
1027 Davie Street, Suite 532
Vancouver, BC,
Canada V6E 4L2
http://www.netcomediainteractive.com
info@netcomediainteractive.com

<No subject given>

Rhonda Gushee <gusheerg@EMAIL.UC.EDU>

Wed, 9 Apr 2003 20:56:04 -0700

I have been asked to send pictures of my work to a local magazine. I
will be scanning slides and sending the jpegs by e-mail.

Please could someone advise me - How large should the jpeg be?  (In
photoshop: image size in inches and pixels?)

Thank you kindly,
Rhonda

Re: Picture size

graham a brown <gabrown@AXIONET.COM>

Wed, 9 Apr 2003 17:58:52 -0700

Hi Rhonda

It is best if you contact the magazine because they may want the pictures
the exact physical size for their magazine. In the past when I had to submit
a picture or ad in jpeg the magazine gave me the exact size and at the
highest  resoulution.
--
Graham A Brown
1105-1424 Nelson St.