[BKARTS] UNSUBSCRIBE Re: BOOK_ARTS-L Digest - 9 Apr 2003 to 10 Apr 2003 (#2003-100)

UNSUBSCRIBE

Automatic digest processor wrote:

BOOK_ARTS-L Digest - 9 Apr 2003 to 10 Apr 2003 (#2003-100)

Automatic digest processor <LISTSERV@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>

Fri, 11 Apr 2003 00:03:17 -0400

Recipients of BOOK_ARTS-L digests <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>

Topics of the day:

 1. Picture size
 2. <No subject given>
 3. UNSUBSCRIBE  Re: BOOK_ARTS-L Digest - 8 Apr 2003 to 9 Apr 2003 (#2003-99)
 4. Board Shears/Paul Brubaker (3)
 5. UNSUBSCRIBE (3)
 6. do not unsubscribe (2)
 7. set Book_Arts-L mail digest
 8. Reader's Art 3 monvies on line
 9. Ed Hutchins in Cincinnati

Re: Picture size

Nic Rayner <nic@GMCRO.U-NET.COM>

Thu, 10 Apr 2003 08:57:05 +0100

I would also suggest that you scan the slides at the highest optical
resolution you can, and then reduce the quality afterwards. When I have
scanned slides at the highest resolution my scanner will do the files are
huge, 12 megs or so, which obviously you can not send as an email
attachment. But you could try reducing the resolution afterwards, as it
usually will take less time to do that than to keep rescanning the
original.
Nic

<No subject given>

"English, Scott" <senglish@DENVERNEWSPAPERAGENCY.COM>

Thu, 10 Apr 2003 09:02:54 -0600

At the newspaper we like things scanned and saved at 200 dpi. We print from
a 85 line screen; The standard for screen lines to dpi is 2 times the screen
line. Thus, 2 X 85 equals 170 dpi. If we save at 200dpi this gives us a
little room to make the image bigger.

Magazines use 133 lip's (lines per inch) screens so 2X133 equals 266dpi. Art
magazines art 175lpi or 350dpi. But the best thing is to ask them what dpi
and size they want.

Hope this helps

Scott English
Creative Services