Re: [BKARTS] BOOK_ARTS-L Digest - 16 Apr 2003 to 17 Apr 2003 (#2003-106)

> I have a question regarding paste papers.  My papers are too stiff to
really
> fold over bookboard.
i use arches text wove and a cooked wheat paste and have no problems. arches
seem to take a lot of abuse and will still remain flexible without tearing.
also i use golden acrylics which will give the paper a "plasticity" due to
the paint base. i know some artists use watercolor to tint their paste but i
find that it has a tendency to crack and flake. also if you put the paste on
too thickly it will crack no matter what you use or do.
hope this helps.