Re: [BKARTS] Corporate Lawyers, Court Cases and Copyright Law

on 4/22/03 9:45 AM, bagswereusel@EARTHLINK.NET wrote:

> My latin is 40 years rusty, how about a translation?  Enjoyed your very
> informed response.

Ditto.

> It is all very unfair and unreasonable.

Maybe. At 67, I don't have anything but my copyrights to leave my wife and
children. That's partially the result of the decision to live and work in
remote tropical beach areas that were being developed into resorts such as
Cancun. But mainly it's because I only write what I want to write and I only
publish what I want to publish. I avoid the timely and prefer the enduring.

I'm confident that these works will not only endure but prosper long after
I'm gone. I'd be happy to think that perhaps my grandchildren might benefit
from them, too. I want to see the actual effects of the new law before
deciding that it's wrong to feel that way.

--
JULES SIEGEL Apdo. 1764, 77501 Cancun Q. Roo Mexico
http://www.cafecancun.com/bookarts/jsiegel.htm

For free and ample discussion of issues in the news subscribe to Newsroom-L
<http://lists.netspace.org/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=newsroom-l&A=1>