Re: [BKARTS] Canson Mi-Teinte

Hello. I'm writing from Venezuela. I'm a new book maker and as I'm always looking for new things I asked some friends who are going to New York next month to bring me some papers as we don't have a lot of variety. Where in Manhattan could my friends buy me some papers and books about Book Arts? I'd like to learn more types of bindings. I hope I can go to New York and take some workshops once the dollar situation gets normal here. Thanks...

Cachi

From: jodi hoover

>To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
>Subject: Re: Canson Mi-Teinte
>Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 14:24:19 -0400

I work at an art supply store.  I just went downstairs and checked our Canson papers.  The black does rub off very slightly but none of the other colors seem to.  Spraying it with an acrylic clear coat may help but because the paper is textured I think it will be very difficult to get an even coat.  Also, if you spray many coats it may develope a slight sheen.

Jodi