[BKARTS] Valuing and selling books

I seem to recall that several people on this list
stepped forward in the past related to this topic.  I
work for a charity and the widow of a film notable is
trying to sell some items for us.  I have the complete
list - one is a book about Thomas Edison, signed by
the author - AND Thomas Edison!  Seems special to me
:-)

In any case, can anyone advise me where to go for good
advice on the value of books and appropriate avenues
to sell them?  The man had a trove of old "Screen
Gems" as well, but Sotheby's turned them down.  I
understand that eBay may not be the best venue for
these books.

Please help if you can and email me off list if more
appropriate.  I truly appreciate it.

Judi Delgado
L.A.