[BKARTS] COPYRIGHT ISSUES

So the next question that comes to mind is...
If I purchase a stamp or a postcard and use it in my artwork...(I don't
copy it, reproduce it or otherwise use anything but the original that I
purchased,) haven't I purchased the right to use it as I choose?
I can use the stamp on an envelope without permission, and I can resell
it to my friend without permission.  I can send the postcard or
give/sell it to my friend without permission.  Surely I can use either
in a one-of-a-kind artist book I sell, since I did not reproduce it.   I
did pay for it, and a portion of that $$ went to the person who owns the
creative rights.
MJ