[BKARTS] TOC question

Hi everyone,

Slightly off-topic query here. I work for a major college textbook publisher as an editorial production manager, and an interesting situation has come up. Often, we move appendixes and references to a book's companion web site, in order to not exceed our page counts. In this particular instance, we have moved a substantial amount of content from each chapter to the web site; the editor asked for suggestions on how we might best direct the students to the web site for this additional information. In addition to our regular practice of a mention in the Preface and back cover, the service suggested we list the URL in the TOC. This would be repeated for every chapter. Has anyone seen this before? Any college students have an opinion on this? Thanks!

Katy