[BKARTS] The advantage is all theirs

I recently dropped out of the Amazon.com Advantage Program for small
publishers when they began charging an annual fee to handle the account
and a $8 check processing fee. Their rather high discount and shipping
policy wasn't all that beneficial to me anyway (because of my small
volume), so I figured no big deal.

I requested my inventory back, and they agreed, as long as I paid for
shipping.  When the shipment arrived, however, there was no packing
protection and a number of books were destroyed. Amazon has not
responded to my inquiries.

Next, I was surprised to find that they had marked all my books as
either out-of-print or out-of-stock on their lists, put outrageously odd
prices on them, and seemingly dropped all titles to the very bottom of
their listing. Nor have they paid the remainder due on the account.

I don't have a problem with their change in policy or am all that
concerned with the way they choose to maintain their listings or conduct
their business, but their response seemed almost vindictive. This sure
ain't the old amazon.

Anyone else having problems with this company?

Gerald Lange
The Bieler Press
Marina del Rey, California