Re: [BKARTS] [cyberscribes] sanity ie the Bible project

Dear Elaine:
        For the past 15 years I have been illuminating the Bible. By hand,
using a dip pen.  Each chapter's initial is illuminated, there are full page
illuminated initials, title pages, end pages, cross pages the works.
Although I am not a monk, I have been blessed by the Archbishop of
Canterbury, the Archbishop of York, The Pope, the Bishop of Durham and many
other Bishops, Canons and religious leaders throughout the world. Pages of
the Bible have been on display at the Salon di Cinquento, Palazzo Vecchio,
the La Certosa Monastery, and they used a page from my Book of Proverbs to
teach medieval manuscript illumination at the Villa San Donato last year and
several other locations throughout Florence during the City and the Book
Congresses in 2001 and 2002.  What they did was place pages of my bible in
portable display cases along side pages from the Book of Kells and the
Lindisfarne Gospels, the Lichfield Gospels, the Stjorn manuscript and others
as their curators gave lectures in the various venues of the Congress in
Florence. The center of the Congress was the Codex Amiatinus in the
Laurentian Library in Florence which is a Medicci Library designed by
Michelangelo. www.florin.ms/aleph.html
        Her Royal Highness Princess Michael of Kent gave a letter I had
written to the Archbishop of Canterbury at a State Banquet at Windsor Castle
in February of 2000, telling him of my bible and everyone at the banquet.  Of
course I have been in contact with him before that, he gave me a bible to
correct my text in 1997 but it was nice feed back!
       You might be aware of the Saint John's Bible. I completed my New
testament 5 years before they started. They have an army working on it, they
call their Bible the first one to be made in 500 years and they use
computers. they have as lot of publicity too but they can afford that.  I am
doing this all by myself inspired by the Holy Spirit and the Word of God!
       It is handwritten using dip pens in Higgins Ink.
www.hometown.aol.com/biblescribe1/biblescribe1/index.htm that is my website,
hopefully it will transmit properly.  It takes a while for the images to
download off of the website.  I have the New Testament, Ruth, Proverbs,
Ecclesiastes, completed and I am working on a new set of Gospels, I Samuel,
Genesis, Leviticus, Psalms, Isaiah, Numbers, obadiah.
       I write the text in the top floor of my church without electricity
actually there is electricity in the room but I need natural light, and I
like to be up there in the quiet in the trees writing the scripture.  That
Chapel that I have a view of has a rose window too. Next door is the Perkins
school of Theology which has the Bridwell Library which is one of the
greatest collections of bibles in the world, including the Gutenberg, the
Complutensian Polyglot, many illuminated manuscripts especially from France
in the 13th and 14th centuries, a King James with the error in Ruth 1611, a
Wycliffe Bible, the Great Bible, Erasmus's New Testament but it has a
different title.  Anyway if I need to check anything I can go over there and
do so from the first printings. My second attempt at the Book of Pslams is a
polyglot using the Coverdale psalter ononeside ofthepage and the King James
on the other and I have access to the original in that library to make sure
of the text! And there is no shortage of theologians and professors and
ministers to check matters of theology with them.
       Some friends want to print it and I am looking for information on the
book market for Book arts as we are thinking of printing them up in limited
editions. I have the pages not the bindings, and it looks like a lot of
people in the world of Book arts have the bindings and not the pages.
       What I do not have is any access to publishers, and I am looking.  Any
publishers of fine books, or galleries, magazines interested in an
illuminated manuscript of the Bible, an ecumenical Bible with Blessings from
everyone who has seen it,all hand made by one artist, a man of faith at the
Millennium?

Sincerely,

James G. Pepper
Biblical Scribe