[BKARTS] keith smith and cord/thread

i just got my copy of Exposed Spine Stichings by Keith Smith. volume 3.
wow.  i mean WOW.  my eyes are crossing a little, but i can't wait to get
started trying things out.

one question: "cord" and "thread" are mentioned, but he never gives any
tips on cord and thread sizes or weights.  i've got a spool of irish linen
thread and some prewaxed colored thread in a weight that is great for
traditional covered bindings, but will this be strong enough for exposed
spine bindings?

also -- cord...i'm at a loss.  tips?

- kbk