[BKARTS] Call for Submissions for a new zine

I am working on a new zine, as yet untitled, that will
be printed on my letterpress. It will come out twice a
year. I will post the website here as soon as I get it
up and running. I am looking for submissions for the
first issue, to be printed in August.

SUBMISSION GUIDELINES:

1. MOST IMPORTANT: Your artwork should be submitted
either as a 2x3 inch carved linoleum block or a steel
backed photopolymer plate with a 2x3 print area. I
will not accept submissions in any other format. It
has to be something I can use to print on a
letterpress. All art must be no larger than 2x3
inches.

2. The theme of the first issue is insects and
spiders, so your art should somehow incorporate them.
Your submission will have a better shot at being
accepted if it veers away from cute, although humor is
fine. It is fine to incorporate words into your art
(it can even be all words if that's what strikes your
fancy).

3. COVER ART: All accepted pieces will be printed in
one color EXCEPT the cover art. If you would like to
have your art considered for the cover, you should
send either two carved blocks or two photopolymer
plates that will work together to make a single
two-color image. Feel free to let me know if you have
color suggestions.

4. All unaccepted submissions will be returned to the
artist. Please include enough postage for its return
with your submission. If your work is accepted, it
will be returned AFTER the final print run. I have not
yet determined how many copies will be printed, but it
will be a numbered limited edition.

5. Renumeration (either in the form of $ or a copy of
the zine) has not yet been determined.

6. Please email me privately for the submission
address.

Please let me know if you have any questions, as I'm
sure I've forgotten something important.

Kara