Re: [BKARTS] Question from a new book binder - May Kitten

MayKitten,

Thanks for the hints on where to look for suppliers!!

I made some book cloths this week with ... well ... varying success :-)

I followed the instructions in the Japanese bookbinding book.  The
instructions say to put paste on the paper side and stick the book
cloth down to a board to dry ... it makes them dry wonderfully flat!
BUT .. when I tried to get them up, I had issues with the paper tearing
and staying on the board.  I used the same consistency of glue for both
the paper-to-fabric and paper-to-board sticking .... should there be a
difference?  BTW, I used a flour-starch cooked glue.

-- Ariaya