Re: [BKARTS] Question from a new book binder - May Kitten

MayKitten writes, about making bookcloth using Kojiro Kegami's
instructions:

"I followed the instructions in the Japanese bookbinding book.  The
instructions say to put paste on the paper side and stick the book
cloth down to a board to dry ... it makes them dry wonderfully flat!
BUT .. when I tried to get them up, I had issues with the paper tearing
and staying on the board.  I used the same consistency of glue for both
the paper-to-fabric and paper-to-board sticking ..."

I hang my newly pasted bookcloths to dry on the wonderfully large
plate-glass window in the dining room.  The cloth is cut larger all
around than the lining paper (I mostly use Tableau, a Japanese hemp
paper), and so there is a framing "mat" of pasted cloth which sticks to
the plate glass.  No problem with sticking; as a matter of fact, I know
it's dry when it falls off the plate glass :)

Regards,

Beth Lee
Tallahasee, Florida

e-mail:  callibeth@comcast.net
website:  mywebpages.comcast.net/callibeth