[BKARTS] J. Hewit & Sons - Skin Deep Volume 15

***This message has been cross-posted to other bookbinding lists.***

We are pleased to announce the publication of Skin Deep, vol.15, Spring 2003
at: http://www.hewit.com/skindeep.htm

Richard Smart, book binder and restorer, discusses how he overcame the
difficulties in reaching his goal of producing fine 'Tree Calf' decorated
calf bindings.  To go directly to this article click here
http://www.hewit.com/sd15-tree.htm

Arthur Johnson, one of the 'fathers' of contemporary English Bookbinding,
examines the various types joint construction that are crucial to the
strength of hinges and movements of boards.  To go directly to this article
click here http://www.hewit.com/sd15-jont.htm

This article is about the IPC, The Institute of Paper Conservation's new
Library in Oxford.  To go directly to this article click here
http://www.hewit.com/sd15-chan.htm

The Guild of Bookworkers 1995 annual conference in Tuscsloosa, Alabama, saw
the first (and maybe last) singing of the song, Amazing Paste.  It is
reproduced here.  http://www.hewit.com/sd15-past.htm

And last, but not least, there are the usual regular features:
'Product and Company News' -  http://www.hewit.com/sd15-comp.htm
'Study Opportunities' - http://www.hewit.com/sd15-stdy.htm
'Dates for your Diary' - http://www.hewit.com/sd15-date.htm

A full .pdf file of this edition (and back issues) of Skin Deep may be
downloaded from the 'Downloads' page on our web site at:
http://www.hewit.com/downloads.htm

We hope that you enjoy reading this offering of Skin Deep

Kind regards,
David

David Lanning
Sale Director