Re: [BKARTS] Spokeshave

Don Drake's response was good, especially the part about filing the
mouth of the spokeshave to a larger opening; leather parings tend
to be much thicker than wood shavings.

As to a clamp, Don Etherington demonstrated a nice idea some years
ago.  Wide masking tape across the near edge.  Duct tape would also
work, and be stronger.

Jack

>Oh, and I also have plans on the board for a paring clamp so I can get
>a large, no marring grip on the leather. I like making tools though.
>
>Don Drake

Thompson Conservation Lab.
7549 N. Fenwick
Portland, Oregon  97217