[BKARTS] Protecting originals in handmade books

I have 18 monoprints which will make up a handmade book. I would like to use transparent sleeves to allow removal of the originals for framing. Size of each page is 8 1/2"x10".  Are plastic portfolio sheets acceptable? I would also consider tipping them on another sheet which has a hinged mat and a transparent window. Lots of work, but I'm willing to do what ever needs to be done. Any recommendations  for methods, materials and preservation advise with be greatly appreciated.
Jean Marvell