Re: [BKARTS] Comp and layout programs

I've just returned from my cabin in Idaho.  In 1990-91 I built a small
medieval-style papermill on my friend, Jim Croft's property up there.

Last week I finished laying some 6" pipe for the new papermill, on my
property.  The new papermill will have 9 hammers (the prototype had 3)
and the overshot waterwheel will be between 6' - 8' in diameter, compared
with 4' for the prototype.

By this time next year there may be stamping and papermaking, and then we
can get back to annual Technology of the Medieval Book workshops.

Life is good!

Jack

>While I agree that DTP programs and the like have a role in the book arts,
>this is starting to get way off track. So, anyone working on any
>interesting projects, stumped by anything in particular, been to any fab
>workshops they'd like to report on...
>
>Thanks, p.

Thompson Conservation Lab.
7549 N. Fenwick