Re: [BKARTS] Grad school vs. Not

Jennifer,

I do agree with you about working hard in the real world before
moving to a graduate degree. Yes, I've just graduated this past
term but I'm really concerned exactly with what you've said: I'd
prefer to spend a few more years studying while I'm still young
and have enough strength (in fact, fewer money problems).

I've focused my last years in college mainly in book/type design,
studying specific bibliography in the field but I didn't have proper
occasions to discuss most of it. While I've been reading Keith
Smith, Jost Hochuli, Hendel, Bringhurst, Tschichold, Hugh Williamson,
Adrian Wilson, among others, many of my classmates didn't even know
those names.

Maybe I really should spend some years working before moving into
a MA degree, but I'm just curious about listening to someone else's
opinion about everything I've been reading without discussing
deeply or knowing different approaches.

I've sent an e-mail to Robert Bringhurst asking about book design
schools/courses a few days ago and he told me that the Iowa Center
for the Book would be a nice place to start. Does anybody know it?

Best regards,
Hugo