[BKARTS] Cloth or Paper Covers

Someone noted in a recent email that they cover books almost exclusively with paper, except for an occasional spine in cloth.  I've been using mostly bookcloth, because I thought that was more durable.  I'd like to use paper, because of the array of beautiful papers available and it's easy to work with.  I give away about everything I make, and I'm concerned about the person who comes along with dirty hands and picks the book up or moisture. (I will not use leather.)

So, are paper and bookcloth equally durable or are there instances where one is better than the other?

Kathy Wolford, Mineral Springs, Pa., kathleenwolford@yahoo.com