Re: [BKARTS] Help me make mini 2x3" wedding albums!

Roland -

I like the binding structure you're using for these - it showcases the
photography in a way that isn't overpowered by being a "handmade book".
Sewing in the gutters would also break up what you've obviously planned as
clean two-page spreads. And, as you mentioned, they're give-aways, not
family keepsakes.

If I understand your notes, the original books were 1 and 3/4 by 2 and 1/2
inches, but the ones you are making yourself are 3 by 4 inches (?). If you
stick with the smaller format, you could see if your lab can print larger
sheets and gang up 4 or 5 clients' images on each sheet (and they could
probably fit two groups of images side to side). That way, you could bind
one tall, skinny piece then guillitine it into 5 separate books.

When making each stack, you could run a quick line of double stick tape
along the fore edge, then clamp and spray the rest of the pages as you are
doing. There are some surprisingly easy to use dispensers on the market now,
and I'm certain it's not an archival product but it sounds like this project
doesn't call for it.

Good luck - I'm sure your clients are thrilled with these. (you also get the
prize for the best overall presentation of a question to the list!)

Roberta
Roberta Lavadour
Mission Creek Press / Pendleton, Oregon
http://www.missioncreekpress.com/newwork.htm