Re: [BKARTS] Cloth or Paper Covers

In a message dated 8/16/03 10:30:39 AM, kathleenwolford@YAHOO.COM writes:

<< So, are paper and bookcloth equally durable or are there instances where
one is better than the other? >>

I would like to suggest that some papers can be sized or impregnated or
coated with methylcellulose or acrylics that would allow them to retain their
original appearance, yet give them the strength to withstand some normal handling.
I have even used SCOTCHGARD on some raw silk fabric.
I would suggest making up a sample, and then carry it around for a period of
time. In fact, I plan to make up some samples, and have my sons carry the
samples in their school backpacks. If the samples can withstand some abuse, they
should do fine elsewhere.

Bill Minter
Woodbury, PA
814-793-4020