[BKARTS] adding a colophon

Hi,

I am curious to know if people add a colophon to the blank books/journals
they bind. Are there any reasons why you wouldn't add information about
the book directly into the book? What about a bindery stamp/emblem? Do
binders typically stamp their books the way an artist would sign their
work (or perhaps stamp if it's jewelry or woodworking).

I've done a few google searches for "bindery colophon" and "bookbinding
colophon" but I've not turned up anything useful.

thanks,
emma

--
Emma Jane Hogbin