[BKARTS] Britain to return - retraction and question

I just re-read the post and wonder when the 'war booty' legality ended,
since it probably wasn't the case in the late 19th century.  Any
historians out there know any thing about this? -- I'm curious to find out
when the legality of war booty ended.  And whether what we Americans have
been calling "police actions" since Vietnam (which is what this might be
called, maybe?) would legally qualify.

Mark Andersson Department Head, Bookbinding North Bennet Street School 39 N. Bennet Street Boston, MA 02113 617-227-0155 fax: 617-227-9292