[BKARTS] historical accuracy

Open question:

I have a friend who is working on a low/no budget film.  The setting
is the 1920's and the question is this, would someone in that period
ever purchase a new book that had not been trimmed?  If they did
purchase a new book and it was untrimmed, would that be more common
for the 1920's or less common?

I told him that publishers used to print signatures that individuals
used to take to their preferred binder, but I would assume that the
binder would trim the text block.

Any insight is appreciated.

Duncan -- "Oh boy, sleep! That's where I'm a Viking!"

       - Ralph

http://www.campbell-logan.com
http://www.tvjunkie.net

Campbell-Logan Bindery, Inc.