[BKARTS] Call for entries- Book Exhibit in Cleveland Ohio

Hello Book Artists

The prospectus is not quite ready to send out but I wanted to give
advance notice for an upcoming juried exhibit called " An Open Book".
It will take place at Gallery West which is located in Cuyahoga
Community College- Western Campus in Cleveland, Ohio.

The show is open to any artist over 18, even students. The concept of
"An Open Book" stems from the idea of how difficult it is to display
some artist books when they are in a gallery setting. Often you may
not touch the book and other times the book is in a glass case or on
a pedestal. It is frustrating for the viewer to not see the hidden
pages and it is frustrating for the artist to know that those pages
aren't being seen. Any book which gets accepted in this show must be
able to be viewed in its entirety without being touched. An accordion
fold book is a good example but there are many ways to approach this.

General guidelines: Slide  postmark deadline is January 8, 2004.
Three entries for $25.00. Additional entries for $5.00 each. The show
will run from March 1- April 9, 2004. The prospectus will be able to
be downloaded from our website but not yet. For info/ questions
please email me at
Julie Friedman
charlesb@xxxxxxxxxx

As soon as the prospectus is available I will post that info here.
Thank you
Julie Friedman