Re: [BKARTS] Looking for paper hanging rack. . .

In a message dated 10/13/03 5:25:57 PM, tstroud@xxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Like many of you, I have many fine art papers that I would like to store on

a paper hanging rack - the kind of almost ladder-like configuration >>

Storing "Fine Art Paper" on wooden dowels as you suggest seems to be asking
for trouble. Not only will the paper take on a strange curl, but there is also
the potential for stains from the wood dowels, not to mention the dirt and
dust and light damage that will occur to all the sheets. That type of "storage"
is fine for a retail store where you want your customer to see all the paper
you handle, but it doesn't seem like anything for long term. Just my two cents.
I once tried to make large "Hanging File Folders" for some paper, but
decided, in the end, that acid-free "map folders" stored in flat-files (or even on
shelves) would be better.
Bill Minter
4364 Woodbury Pike
Woodbury, PA   16695