[BKARTS] Changing to preservation

Hi all,

I earned my MA in Library Science several years ago, and have worked as a librarian for 8 years.

I'm interested in changing tracks to conservation/preservation work. I've done some volunteer/intern-type work in book repair, as well as continuing education at the Center for Book Arts.

Has anyone successfully transitioned from another career into book conservation? I'm curious about how I might leverage my Library degree so that I don't have to start from scratch.

--Sue.