[BKARTS] New Calligraphy Class

As of January 2004 I will be offering an introductory course in Calligraphy through the School of Visual Arts, in New York. This is a richer, expanded version of the course I have been teaching at New York University for a number of years: more class time and better facilities means I will be able to take on students who want a firm foundation in all aspects of writing.

Introduction to Calligraphy
GDC2141A
Mon., Feb. 2 to March 29
Hours: 6:30 pm to 9:10 pm
8 sessions; 2 CEUs; $250
School of Visual Arts, New York
http://www.schoolofvisualarts.edu
1-212-592-2050 (toll-free: 1-877-242-7200)

"This course provides basic training in italic handwriting with brief
discussions on various aspects of calligraphy. Students will be
introduced to the history of writing and to the use of various pens and
writing surfaces. Participants will learn to analyze handwriting styles.
Most importantly, they will learn to balance the discipline and
knowledge of handwriting with the emotional, aesthetic and intellectual
depth of art. Supplies will be provided at the first session."

You can also check my web-site, below:

Paul T Werner, New York
http://theorangepress.com

WOID: A journal of visual language
DRAGONSBLOOD AND ASHES, a project to research and practice the techniques of the medieval scribe