Re: [BKARTS] who's the author?

Don,
I'm no expert but it seems to be a book by Jean de la Varende, a critique of Flaubert's autobiographical writings, published by Seuil Press in a series called "écrivains de toujours" which we would probably say "Famous Writers Series".
Dave

At 05:05 PM 10/24/03 -0700, you wrote:
>book and french experts,
>
>I'm rebinding a book and want to put the title and authors name on the
>spine. Problem: I can't figure out who the author is nor exactly how I
>should title it.
>
>The title page reads:
>
>la varende
>flaubert
>par lui-même
>écrivains de toujours
>aux éditions du seuil
>
>My translation software suggests:
>
>the varende
>Flaubert
>by itself
>writers of always
>with the editions of the threshold
>
>This seems to be one book in a series? I can find virtually the same
>title for many other authors. Is this a book of the writings of
>Flaubert or writings about Flaubert? Any suggestions?
>
>Don Drake
>Dreaming Mind
>
>ddrake@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>IM: stitchbyhand
>http://www.dreamingmind.com
>http://www.hughstump.com
>(510) 537-9711

>Book_Arts-L subscriber gallery now at <http://www.philobiblon.com/guests/book_arts-l.htm>
>
>        See the Book_Arts-L FAQ at: <http://www.philobiblon.com>
>
>     *Postings may not be re-printed in any form without the express
>     consent of the author - Please respect their contributions & ©*

David Allen
840 Snowdrop Avenue
Victoria, British Columbia
CANADA  V8Z 2N4