Re: [BKARTS] library bindings

Try going to a local public or university library.  They may be willing to bind it for the customer at cost, which should be quite reasonable.

I bind such books for private customers at Loyola on occasion. However, our policy is that the customer must be somehow connected to Loyola (student, alumni, staff, faculty) to use the service.

There is a binding plant in Michigan which will bind individuals' theses.  It might be worth calling them to see if they will bind paperbacks as well:

Binding Unlimited
2730 Alpha Street
Lansing, Michicgan 48910
(800) 782-4502
http://www.icibinding.com/about/bui.htm

Hope this helps,
Diane Westerfield, Bindery/Preservation Coordinator
Loyola University Chicago, Cudahy Library Bindery
dwester@xxxxxxx

>>> sumjelli@xxxxxxxxxxx 10/27/03 08:47AM >>>

This question was posed to me by a co-worker.  Anyone have any suggestions??
"Do you by any chance know of a book bindery that can put library bindings on paperbacks? I am not talking about hand-tooled leather, nor even collectable bindings, merely the library buckram type hardcovers that never give out. I have a few paperbacks that I'd like to have bound that way. It may be that these services do not accept private orders, and only find it worth their time to accept industrial orders."
Do you have any advice about where he might send his books?

Want to check if your PC is virus-infected? Get a FREE computer virus scan online from McAfee. *********************************************** Book_Arts-L subscriber gallery now at See the Book_Arts-L FAQ at: *Postings may not be re-printed in any form without the express consent of the author - Please respect their contributions & ©* Archive maintained and suppported by Conservation OnLine ***********************************************